Terms & Conditions
Online Summer Program
All persons electronically signing this Contract are jointly and severally liable for the fees set forth herein. My/Our electronic signature(s) at the end of this Contract indicate that I/we have read, understand, agree, and will comply with the terms of this Agreement in enrolling my/our child for the 2020 Online Summer Program (“Summer Program”) provided by the American Learning Systems, Inc. d/b/a American Heritage School, as indicated above (“the School”). I/We are aware that a final determination of class placement will be made by the School and that curriculum changes/decisions are made at the School’s discretion.
The School continually strives to update the accuracy of all written materials, including, but not limited to, promotional information, website, brochures, and advertising related to the Summer Program. In an effort to do so, however, information included in the materials may change as programs grow and as staff increases. Prior to relying on any written materials in making your decision to enroll your child in a Summer Program, please verify the accuracy of information with the School.
The School does not make any representation regarding whether credits from the Summer Program will be accepted by a child’s educational institution.
I/We hereby consent and hold the School harmless for the release of my/our child’s records and information upon my/our request to an educational institution or as required by a governmental agency. I/We also release and hold the School harmless from any liability stemming from such use, disclosure or release of my/our child’s records or information.
I/We understand that once a child is/are enrolled, that there will be absolutely no refunds of tuition paid for any circumstance, including not limited to, voluntary or involuntary absence, change of residence, health, withdrawal or expulsion.
I/We agree to allow the School to use my/our child’s photograph, image, likeness, and/or voice in School publications, promotional materials, website, social media, DVD’s, videos, CD’s, or other mediums, without compensation and without prior notice. I/We release and hold the School harmless from any liability stemming from such use.
Any action, claim or counterclaim, whether in contract or tort, at law or in equity, arising out of or in any way related to this Agreement shall be submitted to mediation in Broward County, Florida prior to any litigation between the parties, with the costs of mediation to be split equally between the parties. Any request for mediation shall be made in writing. If the request for mediation is not responded to within thirty (30) days or if the parties are unable to resolve their dispute in mediation, the parties may proceed to litigation, as stated herein.
The School’s duties and obligations under this Contract shall be suspended immediately without notice during all periods that the School and/or Summer Program ceases operations because of force majeure events including, but not limited to, any fire, act of God, hurricane, war, governmental action, act of terrorism, epidemic, pandemic or any other event beyond the School’s control. If such an event occurs, the School’s duties and obligations will be postponed until such time as the School, in its sole discretion, may safely resume operations. In the event that the School cannot resume operations due to an event under this clause, the School is under no obligation to refund any portion of the tuition paid.
No action or failure to act by the School or any agent, employee, independent contractor or other contractor of School shall constitute a waiver of any right or duty afforded the School under this Contract, nor shall any such action or failure to act constitute approval of or acquiescence in any breach thereunder, except as specifically may be agreed to in writing. If any term or provision of this Contract, or the application thereof to any person or circumstance, shall be invalid or unenforceable to any extent, the remainder of this Agreement or the application of this Contract to persons or circumstances other than those against whom or which such term or provision is invalid or unenforceable, shall not be affected thereby, and each term and provision of this Agreement shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permissible by law.
This Contract embodies the entire agreement of the parties respecting the matters within its scope, and may be modified only in a writing signed by both parties. As to the School, the only persons authorized to modify this Contract are the President, Vice President or the Chief Financial Officer of the School. This Contract supersedes any prior oral or written agreements on the same or similar matters. Any current or prior understanding, statement, representation, promise, or agreement, oral or written, including without limitation, renderings or representations contained in brochures, advertisements, or promotional materials, and oral statements of School employees or representatives not specifically expressed and included in this Agreement are void and shall not be binding upon or enforceable against either party. This is a fully integrated Contract. My/Our electronic signature(s) at the end of this Contract indicate that I/we acknowledge that I/we have not relied upon such statements, promises, or representations, if any, and waive any rights or claims arising from such statements, promises or representations.
Disclosure and Consent to use of Electronic Records and Signature
American Learning Systems, Inc. d/b/a American Heritage School (the “School”) is implementing an Electronic Signature Program. Under this system, parents and/or legal guardians will have the option to sign certain documents electronically. The documents executed electronically will be treated like a physical handwritten signature on a paper form. The law requires that we provide certain information to you and obtain your consent to use an electronic signature prior to your doing so. Please carefully read the following information. By electronically signing “The Consent to Use of Electronic Records and Signature”, you certify that you have read, understand, and agree to the terms of this Disclosure and Consent to Use of Electronic Signature.
1. You may choose not to consent to use of an electronic signature. However, the School strongly urges you to consider the benefits of an electronic signature, including better data accuracy, a more green approach to paper management, and less of a burden for School faculty and staff.
2. You have the right at any time to withdraw your consent to conduct transactions with the School by electronic means. If you wish to withdraw such consent, you must email June Walker, CFO at email@example.com. If you withdraw your consent, the School will mail you paper copies of the records, if any, that the School is required to make after the withdrawal of your consent; however, the withdrawal of your consent will not affect the legal validity or enforceability of any documents that you have previously signed electronically.
3. You have the right to obtain a paper copy of an electronic record. If you wish to request a paper copy, please contact June Walker, CFO at firstname.lastname@example.org. The School’s fees for paper copies may change from time to time, and you may obtain information about such fees by contacting June Walker.
4. By your signature to “The Consent to Use of Electronic Records and Signature”, you agree to receive these disclosures, terms and conditions electronically. You also agree to conduct all transactions with the School by electronic means. You agree to receive electronic records of the terms of any forms, documents or contracts that the School elects to provide electronically (including, but not limited to, application, media releases, authorizations to release records, consents, waivers, and other forms), in lieu of a hard or paper copy thereof. Specifically, you consent to the use of electronic documents, email delivery of documents, and electronic signatures in any communication or agreement involving you, your child(ren), and the School.
5. In order to access and retain the electronic records, you must have: a computer or other device capable of accessing the Internet, an Internet Web Browser, an active email account, and a PDF reader capable of viewing and printing the document, such as Adobe Reader. By providing your consent, you are confirming that you have the hardware and software described above, and that you are able to receive and view the electronic records.
6. You agree and consent that your use of a keypad, mouse or other device to select an item, button, icon, checkbox, to enter text, or to perform a similar act/action, (e.g., by clicking on “Submit”) constitutes your electronic signature and signifies your intent to be bound. You understand that your electronic signature is legally binding, just as if you manually signed a paper document in ink.
*Canceled Session. Notification that you are canceling an American Heritage School Online Summer Program session must be received in writing no later than May 15, 2020.
*If cancellation is received in writing on or before the above date, a refund will be granted minus a $200 processing fee.
*After the course start date refund requests will not be honored.
*American Heritage School Online Summer Program reserves the right to cancel a course due to insufficient enrollment. In the event an alternative course offering is not available, a full refund for the canceled course will be granted.
*There is no refund in the event the National Hurricane Center broadcasts a Hurricane/Tropical Storm Watch/Warning for South Florida. In such an event American Heritage School Online Summer will cancel its program for the duration of the Watch/Warning. Every effort will be made to make up lost session time.
Enrollment and Payment
Payment-in-full must accompany the student registration in order to be complete.
1 (888) 490-7467